Our Vision and values
What is A Methodist Way of Life?
A Methodist Way of Life is a way of living. It is how we try to live our lives in response to God’s love, made known to us in Jesus.
Like the early Christians (Acts 2.42-47), we seek to express what it means to follow Jesus in the regular, practical actions of worship, learning and caring, service and evangelism.
As far as we are able, with God’s help:
- We will pray daily.
- We will worship with others regularly.
- We will look and listen for God in Scripture, and the world.
Learning and Caring
- We will care for ourselves and those around us.
- We will learn more about our faith.
- We will practise hospitality and generosity.
- We will help people in our communities and beyond.
- We will care for creation and all God’s gifts.
- We will challenge injustice.
- We will speak of the love of God.
- We will live in a way that draws others to Jesus.
- We will share our faith with others.
May we be a blessing within and beyond God’s Church, for the transformation of the world.